In India and around the world, Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce marketplaces. One can not deny its massive popularity among consumers and sellers as well. It’s a great place to start your online selling business. One can sell almost everything on this alluring platform. But if you are new to this platform and eCommerce business, you need to be aware of a few factors of this business. Including various facilities, this platform also has several rules and regulations when it comes to selling. As a seller, you must know those selling factors and the required technicalities. Today in this blog, we will talk about ASIN numbers and their importance for Amazon sellers.
You must be wondering what ASIN is; you will get the answers to all your queries related to this unique number in this blog. Be with us and continue reading. You will get your answers. To keep all your products organized, Amazon uses unique ASIN numbers. The product you will list on this platform contains an ASIN number for their identification. Let’s check out what it is, why you need it, and how to get it.
What is The ASIN Number?
ASIN refers to Amazon Standard Identification Number, and it is basically a ten-digit alphanumeric number that Amazon uses for the identification of each product. It is unique for each product on Amazon, excluding books; for books, they use the International standard book number (ISBN). If you want to sell your products on Amazon, you must attain the ASIN number of your products as it is necessary to get before you start selling on Amazon. This number is vital in tracking inventory; as you know, Amazon has a massive range of product categories and is constantly increasing. Amazon uses the ASIN number for various uses, such as; tracking down the products on the website, and warehouse, tracking the picking and shipping of products, and it allows customers to find the exact product they want to search for on this eCommerce marketplace.
Why Do You Need to Acquire an ASIN Number?
Specifically, ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number) is essential for sellers and for Amazon to track your inventory as a reference of catalog data and to index product catalog pages to search and browse. This unique ASIN number is the base ground for a structured catalog on Amazon. It allows your customers more space to search through multiple product categories. By using an ASIN number, customers can also search for a specific product using this platform’s search bar.
Using Amazon Standard Identification Number is highly recommended to provide a hassle-free shopping experience for your valuable customers. Your product will not appear in the Amazon search results without an ASIN number. As an Amazon seller, to add ASIN numbers to your products, you must fulfill a few requirements; You can not create a new ASIN number if your products are already selling on Amazon. For example, if you are already selling a few specific products on Amazon and want to sell some other products also. In this scenario, if you want to create a new ASIN number, you won’t be able to get one because you are already a seller on Amazon and you have an existing ASIN number. You can go to Amazon seller central to find your products’ ASIN numbers.
How to Attain an ASIN Number for Your Online Business
- If you are a new seller and going to start selling your products on Amazon, you need to know how to receive an ASIN number for your products on Amazon before listing them on this marketplace. You need to research and take the following steps to get the right ASIN number.
- Once you get ready to list your products on this eCommerce platform, ensure there should be no other existing ASIN for your products. However, if you are a completely new Amazon seller, you must attain a brand new ASIN number for your products.
- If you launch a brand new product on this platform, you must create a new ASIN number. You just need to add your products from the Amazon seller dashboard, and Amazon will assign them with a new and unique ASIN number. Amazon Standard Identification Number will be the same for each product category.
- ASIN numbers should be added to the product description. It does not mean that you need to add an ASIN number with it, but you have to add a proper description of every product appropriately. This unique number should be added to the product description during the product listing. Descriptions are essential while listing your products on Amazon as it provides the correct information about your product to the customers and helps them to understand whether they are making the right shopping decision or not. It is a part of the listing and should be top-notch if you want to make the most of your online business. You can use listing analysis software such as etrakY BS to enhance your product listing quality.
How to Make Most of Your ASIN Numbers
- If you were not aware of the ASIN number, you need to know that it is essential for the compelling growth of your Amazon business. Remember, if you can manage your ASINs, it can help protect your online brand in many ways. Let’s find out how you can make the most of your ASIN numbers.
- With the help of the ASIN, you can restrict the unauthorized sale of your products by other sellers. It effectively blocks the sellers from using ASINs without the brand owner’s permission. In this way, it protects your brand’s reputation.
- In order to sell gated branded products on Amazon, a seller must pay a fee. In addition to that, they also have to provide a piece of proper evidence that they have authorization from the brand to sell a specific product on this platform.
- To protect your brand, you need to get enrolled in the Amazon brand registry. Once you get enrolled with them, you need to open a support case and send a list of ASIN numbers you want to have gated. You must also register your brand as a trademark before enrolling with the Amazon brand registry.
- Amazon brand registry can be entirely beneficial for you as your ASINs can get access to A+ content. A+ content refers to content that has been used during the listing process and allows sellers and brands to tell their brand story with the help of descriptive product descriptions, high-resolution images, and videos. It provides you an option to add a more detailed product description, upgraded images, and other text placements.
- It can help you attain higher conversion rates, maximum traffic, and massive growth in sales rate.
So now you must understand what ASIN ( Amazon Standard Identification Number) is and why it is essential for your business. Product identification is necessary to protect your brands from unauthorized sellers, making them more searchable for your customers. It is essential for an elaborative product description that can help your customers to understand your product in a better way. Hence, the ASIN number is an elementary part of your selling journey on Amazon. It can take your online business to new heights. So it would help if you do not ignore the importance of this unique and valuable number.