How can an Amazon Individual seller get approval to sell beauty Products?
The eCommerce industry has become fiercely competitive over the past few years. This industry has the potential that can help you accomplish your business goals. Nowadays, almost every product is available on online marketplaces to fulfill customers’ requirements. A few years back, no one had ever imagined they could even buy beauty products from eCommerce marketplaces. But today, it is available on almost every prominent eCommerce platform.
However, today we are specifically focusing on selling beauty products on Amazon. Indeed, individual platforms also sell only beauty products, but Amazon is globally famous and customer friendly. It serves PAN India, which is why customers trust this platform more than any other. On the other hand, because of its customer base, it is safe and secure to sell beauty products on this platform. But it is not that easy as you need to get approval from this platform first to go further. It seems to be a daunting task for you, but with the right tactic and knowledge, you can get instant approval. This blog will discuss today how an Amazon individual seller can get approval to sell their beauty products on this marketplace.
Why Do You Require to Get Approval to Sell Beauty Products
Cosmetic or beauty products come into direct contact with the customers’ skin, which makes them subject to strict, stern regulations. Amazon and other marketplaces do not get into any trouble or issues of discomforting and harming their customers. That is why all Amazon individual sellers must get approval before selling beauty products on this platform. This platform needs to assure its customers that whatever beauty products they will buy from this platform will not harm them. To uphold its reputation and boost customers’ safety, it is essential to set a standard for selling such products. Now it has become more than clear why you need the approval to sell beauty products on this platform.
What are the Requirements to Sell Beauty Products on Amazon
You must fulfill multiple requirements to get approval from this gigantic eCommerce platform.
Product Packaging Requirements
- You must sell beauty products in the original sealed packaging you receive from the manufacturer.
- All beauty or cosmetic products should be brand new and pristine.
- Beauty products must contain a brand-identifying code; it can be lot numbers, serial numbers, or matrix numbers.
Requirement for Labeling & Product Detail Page
- You must add up the product name.
- Provide the details of products’ features, such as instant fairness and wrinkles minimizer moisturizing lotion.
- Must provide the amount of each ingredient that has been used in the beauty product.
- You also require to provide the list of all the ingredients.
- As an Amazon individual seller, you must provide all the necessary warnings regarding beauty products.
- If you are going to sell natural beauty products, then, in that case, you need to showcase the FDA approval.
Products and Ingredients Requirements
- Beauty products should not be mentioned in an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) safety alert or recall.
- Make sure that whatever beauty products you sell should not contain any banned ingredients.
- Various beauty products you sell should not require a prescription or doctor’s guidance before using them.
- Beauty products should not consist of any plastic microbeads.
- According to Amazon rules and regulations, cosmetic products should not contain substances derived from sharks, whales, dolphins, or porpoises.
- As an individual Amazon seller, you must know those beauty products that contain more than 12% hydrogen peroxide are banned from being sold on this platform.
- Beauty products such as nail paint remover containing substances like acetone can not be sold more than sixteen in quantity at once.
- You can not sell Instyler rotating irons on Amazon beauty products of Claire.
Beauty Products Category You can Sell on Amazon
At Amazon, there are several categories of beauty products that you can sell on this platform.
- Skincare products ( Moisturizer, sunscreen, facewash, face scrub, eye cream, toner, cleanser, facemask, etc.)
- Cosmetic products ( lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip balm, mascara)
- Facial Makeup ( Foundation, face powder, loose powder, concealer, highlighter, primer)
- Hair care ( Shampoo, conditioner, mask, hair oil, hair spray, hair serum, hair color, etc.)
- Oral care ( Toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, gum protector, denture care, etc.)
- Fragrances (Deodorant, perfumes, body mists, scented candles)
- Tools and brushes (makeup brushes, hair remover, and styling tools)
- Men’s grooming products ( Beard oil, trimmer, clipper, electric shavers, razors, shaving cream, hair gel, etc.)
- Luxury beauty ( beauty products from various luxurious brands such as Gucci, Bobby Brown, Clinique, Pixi, Chanel, tom ford, etc.)
- Salon and Spa ( Professional care shampoo & conditioner, hair mask, hair spa, hair spray, hair mousse, hair wax and gel, dry shampoo, hair serum, etc.)
Steps to Get Approval From Amazon
To sell beauty products on Amazon and get approval for it, first of all, you need to log into your Amazon seller central account and follow these steps to get the approval quickly.
- Visit your seller central account and select inventory from the menu.
- Select add a product and list the beauty products you want to sell.
- Select the correct category in which your products fall
- Check the listing limitations and apply if it comes back as a restricted category.
- Now, you can select the request approval.
Four Fantastic Tips to Find Profitable Beauty Products to Sell
Always Find out the In-Demand Products
As an individual Amazon seller, if you are looking forward to selling beauty products on this platform, you should first find the in-demand beauty products. To generate immense profit, it is essential to consider customers’ demands. You can go through the bestseller section on Amazon and find products with thousands of positive reviews. It determines that such products are the most demanded products to sell. To get a clearer idea of this, you can even go through various beauty vlogs on social media and youtube.
Go Through Robust Research
Getting product ideas from reviews and feedback can help you select the right beauty products to sell. It requires a lot of time, effort, and a thoughtful mind. Try to gather as much information as possible, check out what your competitors are selling, and know the status of their profit margin. This practice can effectively let you consider which beauty products you should sell.
Choose the Right Category
To generate decent revenue from selling beauty products on Amazon, you must spend some time selecting the right category. Selecting the right category is imperative because some beauty categories are more competitive than others. Such as skincare and cosmetics, the sale of such product categories always goes high. Most customers only buy products from these categories only. However, doing your own research and selecting a category is still crucial.
Acknowledge Your Target Customers
Acknowledging your target customers is not only necessary to sell beauty products but for any specific products. First of all, you have to determine your target customers and find out their interests and requirements. For example, if you are selling makeup products, your target customers should be women between the age of 22 to 50.
This is how an Amazon individual seller can get approval to sell beauty products on this magnificent platform. Undoubtedly, beauty products are the top-selling products currently, and this industry is increasing daily. There are so many new brands that are going to make their market presence. So it is anyway profitable to sell beauty products on Amazon. However, you should follow various rules and regulations issued by Amazon not to get rejected. Check out the essential information we shared above before applying for approval.Learn More