As we all know, the Covid-19 pandemic has affected businesses worldwide. Various eCommerce companies have experienced massive downfall during this pandemic. However, beauty brands are among the few that have gone through significant pandemic effects. Customers don’t prefer to step out of their houses or be a part of any event or function due to pandemic risk factors, so the demand for beauty products has decreased rapidly.
One of the primary reasons behind the decreased demand for cosmetics and makeup products is that they come under the non-essential product category. Health care products have become a priority for customers, and the rest of the beauty brands are affected by the DIY self-care beauty hacks. Customers prefer to use natural products more to enhance their beauty. But slowly, when the effect of the pandemic gets minimized, demand for beauty products also upsurges. According to a marketplace survey, by the coming 2027, the growth of the beauty industry will reach approximately 785.7 billion dollars.
However, compared to brick and mortar, eCommerce stores still face several challenges in robustly establishing their business. In this blog, we will discuss several challenges and their solutions for eCommerce beauty brands. Let’s find out what those challenges are and how brands can overcome them.
Various Challenges and Their Solutions for the eCommerce Beauty Industry
Building Brand Credibility
First thing first, brand credibility is an essential factor for beauty brands specifically. If it is not adequate for customers and they do not hear much about your brand, they won’t buy your products. So, before anything else, you have to work on building your brand’s credibility in the market. You should keep in mind that customers prefer to buy those products which are the talk of the town. They get influenced easily by others, so positive reviews also help you in building brand credibility.
- To mark your market presence and attract new customers, you should use social media platforms for advertising your products.
- Be active on social media to answer all the queries of your customers.
- Add marketing tactics to your business.
- Offer some discount for the first time customers.
- Add elaborative product descriptions to your products.
- Add high-resolution images.
- Relevant keywords.
- Give importance to the review and rating section.
So, these are several solutions that you can implement to establish your brand credibility across channels. In this regard, you can take the help of traKY BS as a listing quality analysis software. It can help you in listing your products accurately on various eCommerce platforms. Presentation matters a lot while selling products online, specifically beauty products.
Upgrade the Shopping Experience
With each passing day, the eCommerce phenomenon is changing according to customer demand and market trends. You can say that this market is unpredictable and challenging to survive if you are not able to cope with its fluctuations. Customers prefer to buy online beauty products and are here to have an excellent shopping experience. That is why beauty brands must provide their customers with the best shopping experience to engage them forever.
- Choose the Prominent marketplaces with an incredible customer support team to sell your products.
- Provide all the possible payment options, including Debit, credit, UPI, and COD.
- Get associated with the best logistic partners in the industry for speedy order fulfillment.
- Provide customers a “Try on” feature for all cosmetics ranges such as lipstick, nail polish, eye shadow, eyeliner, etc.
Hence, in this way, you can enhance the shopping experience for your potential customers. These solutions can help you in attracting more customers and eventually help you to generate tremendous revenue.
Avoiding Stock Out Situation
This one can be a significant challenge for most eCommerce beauty brands. The stock-out situation can negatively impact the overall performance of your business growth. If the customer faces a stock-out situation at the time of purchase, they will lose trust in your brand. They can start using some other product and may not repurchase your products. Stock-out scenarios are devastating for beauty brands because once customers get used to one product, they keep using it for at least a year. So clearly, you can not afford to lose a single customer because it will be hard for you to get them back.
- Get along with stock analysis software such as etraKY BS to avoid the stock out situation. It can notify whenever a product gets out of stock or back in stock.
- Always get connected with your suppliers and keep a check on stocks.
- Inform the suppliers about your requirements before the stock-out situation.
- Keep your stocks full during the wedding and festive seasons.
Moving Ahead of Your Competitors
This is another challenge for beauty brands to move a step ahead of their competitors. It is the only way to make a robust customer base and increase your conversion rate. Numerous beauty brands are out there and are already popular among the masses. So it is challenging for you to attract their attention. It takes time for customers to easily switch between brands and products. Customers always expect a genuine reason to use new products, which is why there is enormous competition among beauty brands.
- To lessen the competition, you must sell your products on various eCommerce platforms.
- Provide high-quality products to your customers.
- Offer a genuine and decent price.
- Try to get engaged with customers through various channels.
- Run efficient and effective advertising campaigns.
- Always be there to resolve the queries of your customers.
- Keep an eye on your competitor’s every movement.
In this way, you will be able to take a step ahead of your competitors and make your beauty brand stand out in the market. These solutions can help you build a powerful eCommerce beauty brand. If you want, you can take the help of price tracking software such as etraKY BS. It can help you in maintaining price hygiene across the eCommerce channels.
Thus, these are the various challenges and their solutions that can help you to grow your eCommerce beauty brand tremendously. We have also not mentioned other challenges in the blog, such as cart abandonment and returns handling. To overcome these challenges, first of all, you need to offer a great product to your customers. In the beauty industry, quality matters a lot. If the product resolves beauty-related issues, customers will definitely buy your product again and again. Apart from that, in this category, marketing also matters a lot in terms of increasing the popularity of your brand.
You will find it challenging to generate significant sales if it is not famous. After quality, packaging and presentation are also essential aspects of this industry. Your products must have attractive packaging, and you should focus more while listing your products as well. On the eCommerce platforms, potential customers will be unable to locate your product if the listing is inaccurate. Adding relevant keywords, good-quality images, descriptions, and titles can also help the customers know more about your product and dominate their shopping decisions.